Denigrating Women in n Christianity
- Woman in Christianity has always been the culprit that is to blame for the human miseries. She was never treated as a true human being. She was degraded for a crime she never committed.
In the Holy Book many stories were modified to serve a certain goal, among these is the story of Adam and Eve.
The true story of Adam and Eve is modified so that woman alone stands as the basic reason of sending Adam (the symbol of man) out of the Paradise.
- How do the early theologians see women?
According to the early theologian the woman is the source of evil, please read the following opinions:
- The early theologians considered Eve to be the reason of the crucifixion of Jesus, who (as they think) was sent to the earth to atone for the human sins especially the Original Sin.
Surely all of these lies are against the teachings of God in the Holy Book.
The story of Eve being the reason of Jesus crucifixion and expelling Adam from heaven made the theologian adopt antagonistic culture against woman; this led to treating woman as an element inferior to man.
Woman is a daughter of falsehood, a sentinel
of Hell, the enemy of peace; through her Adam lost paradise" (St. John Demascene)
- “Woman is the instrument which the devil uses to gain possession of our souls"
- "Woman is the fountain of the arm of the devil, her voice is the hissing of the serpent" (St. Anthony)
- "Woman has the poison of an asp, the malice of a dragon" (St. Gregory)
- St. Tertullian, while he was talking to his 'best beloved sisters' in the faith, he said, "Do you not know that you are each an Eve? The sentence of God on this sex of yours lives in this age: the guilt must of necessity live too.
- You are the Devil's gateway: You are the unsealer of the forbidden tree: You are the first deserter
of the divine law: You are she who persuaded him whom the devil wasn't valiant enough to attack. You destroyed so easily God's image, man."
- " Once again, St. Augustine wrote to a friend, "What is the difference whether it is in a wife or a mother, it is still Eve the temptress that we must beware of in any woman."
- Centuries later, St. Thomas Aquinas still considered women as defective, "As regards
the individual nature, woman is defective and misbegotten, for the active force in the male seed tends to the production of a perfect likeness in the masculine sex;
- while the production of woman comes from
a defect in the active force or from some material indisposition, or even from some external influence."
- Orthodox Jewish men in their daily morning prayer recite "Blessed be God King of the
universe that Thou has not made me a woman." The women, on the other hand, thank God every morning for "making me according to Thy will"
- According to the Jewish Talmud, "women are exempt from the study of the Torah." In the
first century C.E.,RabbiEliezer said: "If any man teaches his daughter Torah it is as though he
taught her lechery"
Please go to this link download our presentation :http://www.slideshare.net/dralamin/denigrating-women-in-christianity