By: Magdy Abd AL-Shafy
Among the amazing evidence to the Divine source of the Holy Quran and the impossibility of its alteration is the scientific statements in the Holy Quran; if just one word removed or added, this will make the scientific statements in Quran be in disagreement in science.
In this short article we will show how the information the Holy Quran gives about the frontal lope (of the brain) is in agreement with the modern discoveries of science.
Long before science and the microscopic telescope was invented, the Holy Quran states that the frontal lope is the part in the brain which is responsible for making decision of committing sins and also making decision to lie.
In other words, the Holy Quran ascribes making decisions about committing sins and making lies to the frontal interlope.
For the sake of brevity, we quote the functions of the frontal lope from a specialized medical site:
• The frontal lobe of the brain is a very important part of a complex cognitive processing system, and has many connections to different areas of the brain. It has a special role in planning and organizing different tasks like a "supervisor". Many aspects of everyday life are mainly controlled by the frontal lobe system: Decision-making and planning of new situations
• Error detection and correction and developing plans for trouble-shooting
• Technically difficult or new situations with demand for new solutions
• Resisting temptations and habitual responses
• Impulse control and dealing with frustrations
The frontal lope, being the most important part in brain, another specialized site says:
• If the brain had a White House it would be here. It is the true center for command and control in your body. The Frontal lobe is responsible for functions such as reasoning, problem solving, judgment, impulse control.
What does the holy Quran say about the frontal interlope?
In fact the word frontal interlope in Arabic" Al-Nasya" is mentioned in the holy Quran three times and in the prophet Hadiths
It is always mentioned in relation with taking decision, be it good or bad.
God says in the Holy Quran what means:
" We will drag him by the forelock,- (15) A lying, sinful forelock!" (96:16)
The forelock in the holy verse stands for frontal interlope.
Is there any significance in dragging this sinner by his forelock?
Yes, there is because it is the part in brain that seduced the person concerned in the verse to commit sin, the part which is responsible for taking the decision to commit the sin… the two important adjectives ( lying and sinful ) by which this part in the brain is described emphasize the same fact. It is the center in which lies and sins are decided.
Like humans, animals frontal interlope controls their behavior.
Dr Zandany says: "When Kith Moore, a famous embryologist, presented his joint research with Dr Zandani, a famous Muslim Quran scientific expounder, he not only elaborated on the role of the frontal interlope in humans but he also elaborated on the frontal interlope in animals; he stated that the frontal interlope in animals plays the role played in humans in guiding and controlling the behavior of animals." Dr Zandany added" These words brought to my mind the following verse" " There is not a moving creature, but He hath grasp of its fore-lock. (11:56)
So the Holy Quran scientific statements regarding the role of the interlope in humans and animals are compatible with the scientific facts.
Professor Kith Moore comments on this scientific miracle in the Holy Quran saying:
"Our present knowledge about the brain was unknown to any one during the human history; it is not there in any medicine book that dates back to the time of the prophet and even in the following centuries. The frontal interlope had never been mentioned in any civilization, there is no any reference to it in the ancient book except in the Holy Quran, and this proves that this Holy Book must have been revealed from God to Mohammed, the prophet of Islam."